Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Welcome to Family Photo Fundamentals

Candid photos are my favorite. When kids are playing they forget about the camera because they are so absorbed in what they are doing. In this photo on a rainy day, I let the camera set the exposure for the sky behind the kids. Silhouetting the kids reveals the shape and the cast shadows in the umbrellas adds another layer of intrigue to the photo.

I love photographing my family and I know many of you do, too. I created this blog to help those of you who struggle to achieve the results you want. Photography is full of jargon and gear that can sometimes get in the way of learning. I'll try to avoid a lot of the really technical stuff and stick to things anyone can do, whether  using a smart phone or a fancy digital camera. I hope you will join me often and ask questions along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment